rocky td5

innes

has any one heard of a td5 rocking like a boat befor from one side .

to drive it feels like i hav a flat back tyre.

hav looked underneath nothing showing or brocken i dont hav air suspension.

could it be a sensor or sumthing simple cheers folks ?

I would jack up each wheel on a trolley jack and spin it by hand, I reckon you will find a tyre is bulged out of shape (wires letting go inside), may not be obvious just looking at it parked but you will soon see if it is not round when you spin it :) - easiest is if you get somebody else to spin it for you (at about 1 revolution per second) and you look at it end-on i.e. from directly behind or in front of the tyre.

Otherwise perhaps a bent wheel, can't think of too much else that would make a vehicle do that.

Needless to say if a tyre is doing that, change it immediately, as it could go boom any time!

I would jack up each wheel on a trolley jack and spin it by hand, I reckon you will find a tyre is bulged out of shape (wires letting go inside), may not be obvious just looking at it parked but you will soon see if it is not round when you spin it :) - easiest is if you get somebody else to spin it for you (at about 1 revolution per second) and you look at it end-on i.e. from directly behind or in front of the tyre.

Otherwise perhaps a bent wheel, can't think of too much else that would make a vehicle do that.

Needless to say if a tyre is doing that, change it immediately, as it could go boom any time!

ok cheers for that i will hav a look tomorrow .

it dosnt do it all the time though and the tyres look quite new aswell.

i could swap them around and see if it wobbles in the other side .

cheers

• 2 weeks later...