Engine faltering on starting

The last couple of times I have started The Beastie the engine seems to go all fluttery and sounds as if it is going to stall just after I have pulled off (perhaps 20 seconds after I start the engine) - I would guess fuel starvation. It starts fine but then just goes away. So far it has always come back but I fear the worst.

Once it has got over its initial reluctance there seems to be no problem.

Any ideas what might be doing this and how I sort it?

Thanks

Malcy

Thanks stuntman but if it was a failing fuel lift pump would it work fine once it was going?

This morning it actually fell over on me about 10m after I had pulled away. It restarted on second try of ignition key.

I think I will change the fuel filter tonight to see if that does anything but need to try and get to bottom of it since I dislike the unreliability of it!

As a followup the issue now appears to be resolved.

I put a bottle of Wynn's diesel additive in the tank to try and clean everything through and then also noticed that one of the diesel spill rail bolts had slackened off too so there was a drip. Really must find the time to replace the whole rail with the new one :unsure:

Not sure which sorted the problem, perhaps it was the combined effort.

Thanks for the help anyway.