Transmission Vibration

headhunter

I know this is a recurring problem and each one is different so here goes.

I have a 110 with a 2.8tgv 380 gearbox and 230 transfer box.

OME springs and shocks have been fitted but with minimal lift, no more than 40mm. Lower front & rear top shock mounts.

No other adjustments have been made other than new polybushes all round.

The engine is smooth running however I get a vibration that feels as if it is coming from the transmission at speeds between 40-55mph.

It feels high frequency more like a buzz than a steering wobble.

I feel that the vibration as holding the vehicle back, its as though you have to push through a barrier to clear the restraint.

The steering wheel does wobble at 60mph, so I put this down to wheel balance (we run 265/75-16 BFG on 8" Mach 5's), which I will sort out next week.

When the vehicle was first back on the road after a comprehensive rebuild there was no vibration so what has happened to cause the current problem?

The rear props' rear u/j has a slight bit of play in it. Could this be the problem and or should I look elsewhere for a solution.

I know some of you have spent ages and loads of £££ seeking a solution.

What would he helpful is a check list of things to explore, starting with the simplest/most obvious/cheapest going up to the more obscure/expensive, so I can try and eliminate each solution one by one.

Your thoughts and ideas will be very much appreciated.

John