sterio wiring problems

clemo2k1

hi all

im trying to wire in the amp and subs in the back doors of my 1998 300tdi GS disco some previous owner has chopped the original connectors off so no chance of using a audio leads wiring harness :angry: so having to solder all the connections ive got the sterio and all four speakers sorted but having a few pfobs with the amp am i right in thinking theres 5 wires for it one red 12V one black ground the other red/brown and black i can use them to the phono jacks on back of head?? and the blue/yellow is remote amp switch (normaty blue/white out of the head unit) any help on this matter greatly appreciated

scott

There are three circuits to the rear sub. 12+v amp power taken from the head unit supply, (light green/orange wire at the amp, also a local earth wire which is black at the amp).

The 12+v amp switching wire (purple/yellow at the amp).

The audio signal cable (black & white wires in a screened cable).

So all you have to do is locate the wiring at the dash and extend and connect to your new head unit at the relevent terminals.

The colour code may be different in your year of disco.