newbie checking in

slabside

Hello people, newbie here.

Thought I would introduce myself before I start to pick peoples brains :rolleyes:

Me name is Colin and I'm in Cheshire. I've had a '96 300 Tdi for almost 2 years, and before that a hybrid Rangie with a 2" lift.

I've had some of the common probs and got round them one way or another, door locks that don't, wipers that don't, collapsed swivel bearings, etc etc I just wish I had found this place before I tackled some of the jobs on the Disco and previously on the Rangie.

Been havin a bit of a read and it seems there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

So anyway, just thought I would pop in and say hello and I hope i don't ask too many questions that have been asked sooooo

many times before!

Cheers, and Happy New Year.

Welcome :)

If you have any problems, a good place to start is the search function and also the index post in the Technical Archive forum which contains a ton of information on all sorts of things. The IPB forum search is not that special and you actually get better results by using Google search, and typing in "site:lr4x4.com keyword1 keyword2" etc

welcome!! relatively new on here too!! some one always has the answer to every l/r related problem on here! its great!! you are fairly local to me too!! do you go off road much?? any where local if you do?? getting bored of the places we go now!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I will have a good look through the Tech stuff, cheers.

Ste...must admit I don't go offroad at all at the mo' used to play a bit with the Rangie, didn't know there were many places local but I haven't looked hard :rolleyes:

Most of my freetime is spent on or fixing my Gsxr....you know..one of them pesky two wheeled things :o

we go to ellsmere port quite a bit to go mud plugging on unused land at my father-in-laws work which has some tough tracks through the woods..

you are more than welcome to come with us one sunday!!

gsxr is a mighty big moped.. no match for the bullbar though!!!!!!