200 TDi Belt sizes

CosZuki

Anyone know the belt sizes for the alt and i guess the water pump belt :blink:

anyhoo in simple terms the wee short yin and the big long one on the front of the engine. Its a 93 L plate disco. PAS present but no AC if that helps.

The monkey in the Finnish halfords told me there is a choice of 8!! :huh: WTF that cant be right but removing it in the car park in minus 15 is not an option right now!!

I recently had the same problem on my V8 - assuming yours still has the same engine and configuration that it left the factory with (and mine doesn't) then a Land Rover agent should be able to sort it out from the chassis number :lol:

In my case I ended up borrowing several belts that were approximately the right size (I measured them with string and took the string with me) and then returning the ones I didn't use. I guess you could do the same with Halfords, but you would have to buy rather than borrow and then get a refund... Shouldn't be a problem if your Halfords are anything like mine :)

Roger

p.s.

• Measure with string around the outside of the belt while fitted and then around the outside of the new belt for comparison. A used belt will only have stretched a small amount in use (it gets slack because of wear on the inner faces) so get the belt that your string just nicely fits around.
  • Measuring around the pulleys with string doesn't work because it will sit in the bottom of the groove and the belt sits on the sides.
  • If getting them off the shelf for yourself, don't forget there are different widths too.

The EPC lists the following belts for the 12L 200tdi engine:

- PAS and fan belt: ERR810 - which is Dayco 13A1025C, where 13=width in mm, A=automotive, 1025=length in mm (1025 mm)

- alternator belt: ETC7469 - which is Dayco 10A0605C, where 10=width in mm, A=automotive, 0605=length in mm (605 mm)