newby would like advice

19mark73

Hi gang just swopped a 1.6. astra for a 3.5.v8 . thinking of doin a project eg. bob tail . i am fitting a 3" lift with 35" tyres and a snorkel and doin my best to waterproof . not going to do extream but challenging lanes and some play days . is there much work envolved in bobbin if so any advice would be greatfull . or will it be ok standard lenth cheers .

Before you get carried away with the idea of bobtailing I would sugest that you do a serch on here for threads on the SVA this is a test you would nned to submit the vehicle for if you do any chassis mods, and cutting the back off a RR is a chassis mod!

A 3" lift should give you enougth room for 35's but you will probably find you need to cut the arches as well. Have a look around the site and you will find plent of info on here from people who have already been down this route.

Think about gearing as well, if you fit 35's you will need to do something about it to make the motor driveable. it's not impossible, just remember that for for every mod you make you will find it leads to another!

HTH

Brookers

Best thing to do is a search on the forum there is loads about bobtailing all different landrovers. There is alot of work, also legal side of things too.....If you Chop the chassis you will need to have a SVA test done.

Like I said though best thing is to do a search pleanty should come up, both about SVA tests and the other work involved.

Dave.

My old Range Rover managed everything I threw it at in P&P sites with 32.5" tyres and a 2" lift. It only proved too long when competing on a course set out for 90s... That said, with the use of waffles etc, it went most places. If you need a bobtail to go laning, perhaps you need to think about whether the particular lane should be driven...?

In addition to your 35s and lift, fit a tank guard and a HD rear bumper - truck stays legal and you don't damage the back end.

Simple...