airconditioning

mfo20

Hi there,

I would like to put an airconditioning in my 1997 300Tdi Discovery. At the moment I have only normal ventilation and as I live/work in West Africa (very hot place) I need to install some A/C in it. Getting tired of sticking my head out the window for some cooling.

Obvious I need the compressor and some other bits and pieces.

Has anybody done a job like this or is it better to buy another disco that has standard A/C in it?

Thx,

mfo20.

There are a lot of other bits and pieces, roughly 40-50 pieces (including wiring and what goes under the dash).

It's doable, especially if you have a donor vehicle and you can do the swapping having them side by side.

But it's not worth it IMO. Better buy another one with factory A/C

Hmm,

sounds like a good idea but will have to make a small cost calculation. Need to get a good donor vehicle. Shipping and clearing costs around 800 GBP so the donor vehicle must be in a fairly good condition so that I can use many more parts - even if it just to have them around in case something breaks down on the one I am driving.

Parts I am thinking of are: complete engine+gearbox, glass windows, rims, seats maybe,....

Will look around for donor vehicle on ebay. Should not be more then 1200 GBP for a good solid vehicle????

Thx for the idea.

mfo20.

Hmm,

sounds like a good idea but will have to make a small cost calculation. Need to get a good donor vehicle. Shipping and clearing costs around 800 GBP so the donor vehicle must be in a fairly good condition so that I can use many more parts - even if it just to have them around in case something breaks down on the one I am driving.

Parts I am thinking of are: complete engine+gearbox, glass windows, rims, seats maybe,....

Will look around for donor vehicle on ebay. Should not be more then 1200 GBP for a good solid vehicle????

Try this lot for ideas : http://www.car-air-conditioning-supplies.com/

Thx for the idea.

mfo20.