changing 2" lift sprngs

yogibear47.lee

i have just put the blue (bearmach i think) on my new one today they seem to be s bit stiffer than the britpart ones i have on my other one... not tested them off road yet though!!

got them off ebay but good old paddock spares wil probably be your best bet!!

Even stiffer springs woun't necisserily cure you problem and may cause side effects.

Are Bearmach heavy duty springs stiffer than Britpart heavy sduty springs?

It depending on which Bearmach and Briptart springs you are comparing as both make/distrobute a range of different springs.

Spring stiffness though is not the cause of the leaning, the cause will be either the springs have sagged (no unncommon) or the vehicles center of gravity is off set to one side so more weight is supported by one side and the springs compress more.

Britpart springs certainly have a reputation for sagging over time, but they are not the only ones. Eneviatbly all coil springs will sag when left under load, its a material failure mode known as 'creep', but some materials/springs are more resistant than others.

If the problem is uneven weight distrobution then changing stiffness will at best only reduce the lean. To counter the lean you will either have to use springs of different lenghts on each side* or adjust the height of the spring seats with spacers etc. Don't use different stiffness springs on the same axle.

*Land Rover did thison a few models including early RRC which had a different lenght spring on each corner and latter RRC for for LHD markets which had a longer spring on the left hand side due to the driver sitting on the other side.

If you want to buy a set of springs that will last, and you need a 2 inch lift, buy King springs, they are from outback, and challenger 4x4 are distributors, yes they are expensive! but you will only fit them once, its a false economy to use the cheaper Britpart or Bearmach springs.

I have used springs from all of the usual suspects, and none of them come close to the performance of the King springs.

Goodluck.