Question about which Range Rovers were bolted together and which were

willfromsussex

I know early 2 door rangies were bolt-together (floor, side members, inner wings, bulkhead etc) and late (4 door) cars were just spotwelded, but where are the year break points?

are ALL 2 doors bolted or were early 80s ones welded?

are ALL 4 doors welded or are some early ones bolted?

years and ways of telling (say from a photo of car for sale) would be appreciated thanks.

My understandaing was the increased number of spot welds were one of may changes between the 1985 and 1986 models.

IIRC allong with the likes of rear damper location, radius arm bush size, interior trim major overhaul, plastic grill (usually the first tell tail of age)..........

• 2 weeks later...

The information I have is that all 1986 models and after use welded bodyshells, including 2-door models. All models before that are bolted body shells. In fact welded bodyshells start from chassis nos BA 160680

Note that the 1986 models were introduced sometime in 1985 (October I think).

just to add more confussion into it mines a 1986 it had the old metal grill but is spot welded together and has the alloy boot floor (thank god)

ive always been confused about mine too, just ordered my polybush kit from superpro and i needed to know what thickness my radius arms where as thats a change over on my year too

mines an efi spec first of the fuel injected v8's also