banging and crunching....

ste clark

need help again please chaps..

thought i might as well ask before i get my tool. out and start taking bits off!!!

every time i go round a sharpish corner (right or left) under load there is a loud banging/clunking/grinding noise coming from the rear of the car..

it is running a 5" lift at the mo..

is this a common problem?

i was thinking maybe diff/halfshaft issues maybe a prop....

give us a clue please guys!!

thanks in advance ste.

what age disco? if it's a 300 it could be the rubber doughnut on the diff, but does sound more likely to be a prop u/j on the way out

as per signature mate.. 200tdi!! its a late one though its on an L reg

got a spare prop here but just wanted to be sure because i have little patience for 14mm bolts you cant get a socket on!!

as per signature mate.. 200tdi!! its a late one though its on an L reg

got a spare prop here but just wanted to be sure because i have little patience for 14mm bolts you cant get a socket on!!

its to high ste (not) it will be the prop you need the wide angle ones or just get a grinder to it and open the sides up wee bit then grease it job done

there is a tool for sale on one off the forms think its (difflocker) thats made for the props not 14m its 9/16 there £20

am working on the td5 pop in over wk end and we get it sorted

its to high ste (not) it will be the prop you need the wide angle ones or just get a grinder to it and open the sides up wee bit then grease it job done

there is a tool for sale on one off the forms think its (difflocker) thats made for the props not 14m its 9/16 there £20

am working on the td5 pop in over wk end and we get it sorted

am speaking to keith then... going to double antons rent and have his unit!!!! it fooked up on them rocks we were on but didnt show up till i was home!! (unlike your axle)! got a front double cardan prop on here just need to sort out a cheque for it!! it will be a killer when its done......... hopefully like the 2.3 td5 manual diff locked 2001 arb equipped thing in the end unit!!!

hopefully like the 2.3 td5 manual diff locked 2001 arb equipped thing in the end unit!!!

2800 son 1 bar off boost

2.8?? why dont you just go the whole hog and stick some mud tyres on the big rig!!

you out tomorrow?? if not will you be in your unit?? need to have a look at this prop.. sounds like it is going to come through the floor!!

on sunday i took the prop off to investigate.. it looked like it had been catching at the top u-j but nothing serious so i shaved a bit off it anyway....

today i pulled the half shafts out and they are fine so i took the drain plug out of the diff.. nothing! poked my finger in the hole and it was dry!! dropped the diff out and it is a wee bit buggered!!! no signs of any major leakage though.. i have only been out in it twice since i got it in december (about 150 miles) or so and it was checked for level when i got it...

my spares are 10 splines so its off over to see bigcoz and his mountain of disco bits to get another one tomorrow hopefully!!