Double-barrel footpump

popotla

The Michelin double-barrel footpump, sold by Amazon, amomg others, has received many poor reviews. If justified, this suggests to me that the item has been made with a view to (a) cutting costs and (B) not lasting long, perhaps in that huge East Asian country now responsible for turning out a vast proportion of the world’s manufactured goods and a vast proportion-in my experience-of the world’s shoddy ones. Michelin, in this case, then stick their naame on it and we’re supposed to think “Ah, Good Quality”.

So, can anyone suggest the name and model of a double-barreled footpump which is strong and fit-for-purpose (for my Defender 110), and built to last, preferably in a country with a reputation for good engineering?

Have you considered buying a 12v compressor type pump? I have a Ring one for my 110 works really well, just plugs into the 12v socket with enough lead to get to every wheel, even has a light on it. havent got the best tyres so often let them down when off roading and then pump them up again it copes with no problems.

The Michelin double-barrel footpump, sold by Amazon, amomg others, has received many poor reviews. If justified, this suggests to me that the item has been made with a view to (a) cutting costs and (B) not lasting long, perhaps in that huge East Asian country now responsible for turning out a vast proportion of the world’s manufactured goods and a vast proportion-in my experience-of the world’s shoddy ones. Michelin, in this case, then stick their naame on it and we’re supposed to think “Ah, Good Quality”.

So, can anyone suggest the name and model of a double-barreled footpump which is strong and fit-for-purpose (for my Defender 110), and built to last, preferably in a country with a reputation for good engineering?

Hi.

I bought a single barrel 'Michelin' foot pump five years ago and have used it extensivly on the many mowers, wheel barrows, and an AWD Volvo that demands carefull tyre maintenance.

In fifty years of foot pumping, I think it is the best one I have used, and I recommend it.

I have found 'double barrel' pumps to be hard work, so I avoid them, but they might be the best choice for a Landy, which is also hard work, so it depends on how much 'grunt' you have left...

Howard.

2x300TdiDef.

I used to have a cheap Argos one and it lasted about 8 years before it was worn out. I then bought another one and it I broke on first press. I changed it and examined the second one and found that it was absolute rubbish. The casting for the air connection was made out of worse die casting then Matchbox cars and the fittings were almost threadless. I could only just use it by carefully pressing each stroke on a flat surface as any enthusiasm would cause it to bend and break.

I now have an electric compressor as mentioned in the Tools and Fabrication forum.