Cheapish exhaust options

minivin

Since plans are afoot to fit the V8 I had been planning ways of squeezing a different exhaust set-up into my 109 so that it doesn't strangle the V8. At present I think the system is an 1 5/8" tube system that is ok with a 2.25, but a 3.5 is going to be breathing through it like it's trying to blow a monkey through a hose pipe.

Dunno how I found this on ebay, but did, and since it was reasonably cheap I decided to give it a go:

Ebay Stainless Silencer

It's a Stainless Steel tubed silencer, with a Polycarbonate casing, which could cause issues of not taking a beating when off road, however as I don't intend bumping my truck over nasty objects trying to force there way into items under my truck that shouldn't be an issue for me :rolleyes:

It's a straight throw absorbtion baffle set-up with I think stainless steel wire wool packing, I went for the biggest one so that hopefully it will absorb as much exhuast noise energy before it reaches the back of my truck.

Got it for £27 inclusive of P&P, it's 50mm OD pipe so should happily mate-up with the rest of the system dimensions, and thinking of pooking it through the trailer socket hole in the MIL rear cross member.

Might be of interest to other people, or if you think it's too flimsy (dunno, will find out!) does anyone else have any alternatives within the same price bracket?

DSCF1866.jpg

It's a Stainless Steel tubed silencer, with a Polycarbonate casing, which could cause issues of not taking a beating when off road, however as I don't intend bumping my truck over nasty objects trying to force there way into items under my truck that shouldn't be an issue for me :rolleyes:

We will see, :lol::lol::lol: you,ve got the Italian trip to look forward to, and all that off road practice before we go, not including those lanes I have lined up for you!!!!! :P:P:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And by the way 19 wks to go!!

Would i lie to you? :)

Panda lane is very "non scratchy denty" !!!! :) :) :)

that's what you said before the Easter Egg run in 2005 :lol: could have used a ciggie paper here to judge the clearance:

DSCF0852.jpg

nb: I didn't say FAG paper :)

edit;

Opps! yes I did :lol:

Got home in one piece didnt it?

So YOU WOULDNT MIND IF WE DID THIS TO YOUR TRUCK? no scratchy denty things here!!!!

Wasn't that where you had troubles getting out the otherside? :)

Nah, only a bit of water that'll wash out, just no deeper till I get a snorkle :ph34r: