PAS Pump Fittings

minivin

Can anyone help?

I have a PAS pump off of a 3.5 V8 from I believe a RRC (Carbed) that I can not identify the threads.

It's a Hobourn-Eaton MFG Co. Ltd. item, No. HE: 5503/8518/24

Stamped by the inlet and outlet is "BSF", and measuring the dimensions of the threads they are coming in close at 5/8", however it definately aint the 14TPI of a 5/8" BSF thread as it's more like the 3/8" BSP 19 TPI.

Unfortunately I've only got 1/4" BSP banjo's lying around at present (which slide into the threads), can anyone convince me that they are BSP, or something else like Metric, UNF or ANF?

DSCF1868.jpg

Well, I've just answered it myself :)

Found a 9/16 20TPI stud "nope, too small"

Went meandering around the shed looking at dad's Ariel bike bits, since it's UNF and UNC, nope, nothing.

Then I twigged "ah!, the V8 is UNF and UNC, I got an inlet adapter somewhere around here"

Well, found one and screwed it in:

DSCF1869.jpg

I then removed it and roughly measured it with my rule at 5/8", I then got my thread file and it happily sat at 18TPI:

DSCF1870.jpg

5/8" UNF it is then :D