TD5 power loss

steamraiser2

I run a 2001 TD5 ES Auto Disco which is a really good workhorse. It recently need a new turbocharger so I fitted a brand new one and took the opportunity to throw away the EGR pipework using an Allisport kit. It is a little quicker off the mark now and will cruise faster than before. It turns in really good mpg and does'nt smoke. So far so good. However its now very flat mid range and paddles up and down the gearbox on any respectable hill. It did'nt before. I use this vehicle for long distance towing and find the constant loss of power a real pain. I suspect that a larger intercooler and a chip upgrade would sort it. What does everyone think? Does anyone have experience of this upgrade and who would anyone recommend ? I'm just looking for grunt on hills. There does'nt appear to be anything wrong with the engine. It was only a whining turbo that caused me to get the tools out!

is the car now flatter in the midrange than before?? (my assumption as you say its power loss)

if that is the case you need to get the car back to a even keel before doing performance upgrades etc

start with the usual good service and check ecu for oil in loom etc

then go for upgrades

have heard remaps can work wonders on td5,s

rob

is the car now flatter in the midrange than before?? (my assumption as you say its power loss)

if that is the case you need to get the car back to a even keel before doing performance upgrades etc

start with the usual good service and check ecu for oil in loom etc

then go for upgrades

have heard remaps can work wonders on td5,s

rob

Thanks for your reply. Done all that. The vehicle is fine except tfor the flat spot. Its most odd. Runs like a watch at low and high rpm, skin off a rice pudding on hills. Be embarrasing to refit the egr stuff!