Heated Rear Screen

Here we go again !! Rear wash/wipe all working AOK :D . Now it 's the turn of the HRS. I've got the switch (lower right panel) but no wires connected. There are no relays behind the instrument binnacle, but I do have the black and white wire at the rear door in with the rear wash/wipe loom. When the instrument cluster is out, I can't find many spare wires which might relate to the HRS. So, where would the rear wash wipe loom terminate at the front end to enable me to add some wiring ? In the wiring diagram it does state a diode, would this be the thing that looks like a fuse behind the instruments, but looks like a metal braided cover (it's fitted into a fuse type holder) ?

If I do need to add wiring, relays etc, what ratings would I require to be safe. I do have a spare brown -perm live & spare black with some large bullet connectors fitted, behind the instrument cluster - would these be helpful ?

Sorry for being long winded, just trying to get all the detail down.

Cheers, Jon

HRS wiring is part of the RWW wiring, all the connections should be ithin the existing loom, the diode/resistor is the braided fuse thing or a black plastic tube with a diode icon printed on it,

have another check of the wiring diagram, when I had to replace my main dash loom all the RWW/HRS wiring was with it.

if the vehicle did not have these circuits fitted from new, then you'll need to source the required wiring, best bet from a crashed/salvage vehicle.

Had another look yesterday, can't find any spare wires or connectors behind the dash. I have the

bracket on the bulkhead for the relays, but no connector blocks to plug the relays into, hence

no wiring. Should the wires be in the loom somewhere behind the dash ?

Could this be a dash out jobby, including the bit above the fuse box etc ?

Thanks, Jon

as the wires are not on the vehicle, it was never factory fitted, I'm not able to access my parts book for the correct numbers till monday evening, so cn't help till then, but it's a partial dash strip job to install the proper LR loom, or make one up using the correct LR relays, you have the wiring diagram & it shouldn't be to hard to engineer your own loom with suitable rated wires.

Thanks Ralph,

I've seen the "how to" for removing the VSR, and just use the switching relay on its own. Would this relay be rated at 30A or 40A do you think ?

I'll need to plan carefully on my own installation, maybe using VWP for parts !!

Thanks , Jon