Replacement key fob for 38a

MogLite

Our one and only key fob for our 38a no longer shines its little LED and doesn't work the alarm.

2 x new batteries didn't fix it, and they aren't duff either.

Anyone know what hoops I'll have to jump through to get a new keyfob out of the dealers ?

Our one and only key fob for our 38a no longer shines its little LED and doesn't work the alarm.

2 x new batteries didn't fix it, and they aren't duff either.

Anyone know what hoops I'll have to jump through to get a new keyfob out of the dealers ?

aparrently there you can only have four key fobs in the vehicle lift time without changing the brain(how true i dont now) i had mine done with no hassle, by Conrico (export landrover dealer) that i do work for, im sure they'd do another one, let me know if you want me to find out.

regards

graham

i guess you tried putting it in the ign after the battery has been replaced?

one of my fobs has a low battery and whilst it physically unlocks the door barrel lock the rest of the doors stay locked. When I then open the drivers door and the alarm double beeps. Next, when i place the key into the ign barrel, the LED on it blinks 4 times and the car then unlocks the rest of the doors. Its like the car re-recognises the key.

After that, the key works fine, until i leave it unused for a while.

i guess you tried putting it in the ign after the battery has been replaced?

one of my fobs has a low battery and whilst it physically unlocks the door barrel lock the rest of the doors stay locked. When I then open the drivers door and the alarm double beeps. Next, when i place the key into the ign barrel, the LED on it blinks 4 times and the car then unlocks the rest of the doors. Its like the car re-recognises the key.

After that, the key works fine, until i leave it unused for a while.

No I haven't tried that. I saw no LED on the fob, and thought still dead.

I'll give that a go.

We need a smilie for fingers crossed !!

No I haven't tried that. I saw no LED on the fob, and thought still dead.

I'll give that a go.

We need a smilie for fingers crossed !!

Something dim in my memory is flickering from the last course I did. I seem to remember that the P38a key fob has to be within couple of hundred mm of the ignition barrel for it to communicate with the BeCM, where as the L322 works within 10m, it was just an off hand remark that the tech made at the time we were messing around.

David Sparkes may remember better than me :unsure:

The main vehicle battery was flat(ish) yesterday so couldn't do anything :angry:

The blipper doesn't even light the LED on the fob. I've tried the above tricks, and no joy.

I can't get the blipper apart without breaking out the dremmel, but there is nothing to loose, so I'll try that soon.

Kinda resigned myself to waiting 10 days for the replacement :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new key turned up on Friday.

The Stealer told me how to sync the key to the car (easy)

However as the car has been sat for about 10 days awaiting a key, I've now got a hard fault with the EAS and its on the bumpstops, and the dashboard has gone all Christmaas :angry::angry::angry:

So I'll be studying rangerovers.net for fixes

Moral of the story - if you don't have a spare key. Spend the money and buy one now before you loose/break it !!