Another propshaft question....

It seems that whilst I thought I had series front and rear propshafts, I actually have two front ones. And in fact both are useless as are just too short to cope with the lift the parabolic springs give on the front axle.

A spare disco one sorts the front quite nicely. However, I don't have anything to fit the back.

Is it a good idea to do chop and weld a front propshaft to the correct length for the rear? Assuming I can keep it all straight of course!

Guest noggy

it can be done, but keeping it straight is difficult, and welding it will probably throw it off balance and give you vibrations.

what length of propshaft do you need? perhaps another standard prop will fit.

nip down the breakers yard!!

It seems that whilst I thought I had series front and rear propshafts, I actually have two front ones. And in fact both are useless as are just too short to cope with the lift the parabolic springs give on the front axle.

A spare disco one sorts the front quite nicely. However, I don't have anything to fit the back.

Is it a good idea to do chop and weld a front propshaft to the correct length for the rear? Assuming I can keep it all straight of course!

Is that SWB or LWB you're after?

I have a good 109" rear prop in the garage.

Thanks chaps. It's an 88".

Being in a financial crisis at the mo, I can't afford to buy one - unless it is really really dirt cheap. I've got spare UJs, so if anyone has one....?

Or else I'll be cracking out the angle and chopping/welding.....

ive have a few short front props

calcalate the size of the gap

i will be appledoor(DEVON) next week

:huh: TWIZZLE :huh: