O/T switch question...

flatback90

slightly off topic but a disco does tow it! anyhoo i need a switch that i think reverses polarity. its for the operation of trim tabs on the back of a very fast boat, they have two wires, one black and one white, to make the tabs go up and down you just swap the wires around ie black on pos white on neg makes it go up and vice versa. thing is i dont know where to get the switches or what the proper name is (all that google comes up with is an ebay link and some technical wiring i dont understand) any one give me any pointers?? mods feel free to delete this if i overstepped the mark

You need a two pole Momentary On/Off/Momentary On.

Company near me does them Furneaux Riddall in Portsmouth. but no doubt any number of other places will have them.

PT511 056 they are splash proof and 16Amp 12V.

Steve

As above you need a "DPDT (on)-off-(on) IP67 switch", panel mounted I would assume.

Translation: Double pole double throw momentary on-off-on switch, IP 67 is dust and waterproof.

Something like this

http://be02.rs-online.com/web/search/searc...t&R=0317178

Not ot because that is exactly what you would need to control an electric winch!