Fuel pump fuse blowing AHHHH

Blue boy

Hi I'm new to this forum, so I hope that someone may be able to help me!!

Freelander 1.8 K series keeps blowing the fuel pump fuse. Have done the usual, disconnecting the loads in turn - fuel pump, inertia switch. still keeps blowing fuse when the ignition is turned on.

Disconnected any plugs in the circuit cleaned and checked. Have had it running a couple of times but still blows fuse, after a few seconds (whilst running). Is there something within the circuit that I might be missing.

Would really appreciate any help out there if someone has had the same trouble in the past!!

Ben

<_<

Hi I'm new to this forum, so I hope that someone may be able to help me!!

Freelander 1.8 K series keeps blowing the fuel pump fuse. Have done the usual, disconnecting the loads in turn - fuel pump, inertia switch. still keeps blowing fuse when the ignition is turned on.

Disconnected any plugs in the circuit cleaned and checked. Have had it running a couple of times but still blows fuse, after a few seconds (whilst running). Is there something within the circuit that I might be missing.

Would really appreciate any help out there if someone has had the same trouble in the past!!

Ben

Greetings, after studying the wiring diagram, here are my 2 possible causes. (my understanding from your description is that the fuse continues to blow even with the fuel pump disconnected):

1. The heated oxygen sensor appears to linked into the circuit and may be overloading it.

2. A chaffed cable which is touching earth at some point.

Good luck.D..