freelander with electric window problems

bubba..dubba

hi all, im jason but go by the username bubba..dubba.

im stuck and i need some help if any one could spare a bit of knowledge.

the problem is that the n/s/f electric window has winded down ok but then nothing! its not making any kind of noise as if its stuck, i`ve swaped the switches round and nothing and i`ve taken the conection off at the motor and there is power going to each of the two cables.

both cables are tested with a test light and are live and when i push up on the switch one of the the cables will turn the light out and when i test the other cable and pust the switch the other way, the light goes out. i presume thats right?

im thinking its the motor, but was wandering if there might be any known faults with theis vehicle?

any help would be great. ta bubba.

hi all, im jason but go by the username bubba..dubba.

im stuck and i need some help if any one could spare a bit of knowledge.

the problem is that the n/s/f electric window has winded down ok but then nothing! its not making any kind of noise as if its stuck, i`ve swaped the switches round and nothing and i`ve taken the conection off at the motor and there is power going to each of the two cables.

both cables are tested with a test light and are live and when i push up on the switch one of the the cables will turn the light out and when i test the other cable and pust the switch the other way, the light goes out. i presume thats right?

im thinking its the motor, but was wandering if there might be any known faults with theis vehicle?

any help would be great. ta bubba.

Will be the cable snapped. You can get repair kits on Fleabay for about 25 quid or get a s/h one for about the same cost. Only takes about 20 mins or so to change.

wouldnt i hear the motor trying to move if it was just the snapped cable?

Depends if the cable is now jammed as it was with the window on my Freebie. Just get a S/H regulator off fleabay and your problems will be solved. Mine only cost 25 quid all in.