Pro comp front shockers

350ypvs

The pro comp shockers i have are supplied with four washers and four bushes.

Do they need the original cup washers and shocker guide washers at the top and bottom of the turret and spring seats or

do the bushes go straight in with just a washer top and bottom?

The bushes supplied with all the pro comp dampers I've come across are different to the LR ones. The bushes are bigger and shaped with a step which locates in the hole in the mount. The washers are also different to standard LR items, these just go between the damper and bush and the bush and nut, from what I gather these should be orintated so that they curve away from the bushes to allow the joint to flex.

If you don't need guide washers but just the two washers supplied then whats to stop the shocker wandering about in the seat?

As i said i'm new to Landrovers but have had Motorcycles for over thirty years and no guide washers would be like

fitting a rear shocker without the metal sleeve in which would make the handling interesting to say the least.