What are these parts in my engine

pdodge

I over heated my engine a few weeks ago. I now have a new engine to replace it with but two parts have been melted and i can not find in the Haynes manual what they are.

post-16612-1245575406_thumb.jpg

This pipe comes across the bulkhead, behind the top of the engine (thin black pipe). Comes from the left arrowed and connects to a larger black pipe the other end goes behind the screen wash tank. Arrow in middle of shot showed where it is melted but this is hanging down lower then it normally would be.

post-16612-1245575707_thumb.jpg

This apears to be a sensor on the engine head with some cables attached (or melted in my case) Can not say where these go, they head towards the bulkhead then down behine the engine (old engine not coming out till next wekend)

In the Haynes manual it just shows this as anouther bold in the head from the pickture.

If anyone could help me out on what these are and what I need to get to fix then?

Getting and engine hoist next weekend so could do with getting any parts by then

thanks for any help you can offer

In the 2nd picture that's the engine temperature sensor used by the EGR ecu or by the EDC ecu (used on 96-98 300tdi autos) to activate the EGR valve.

The pics are too small, I need to look at the 1st pic on another PC (later in the evening).

Later edit: The pipe/hose in 1st pic looks to be the one carrying the vacuum from the T piece to the EGR modulator. The modulator is placed on the left inner wing, between air filter and rear of the headlight. I don't see a reason why it's melted.