LPG CONVERSION FOR 4.6 RANGE ROVER

rooferboy03

HI all

If i convert my 4.6 rangie to lpg is it possible to have a tank installed at home in my garden so that i can fill the car myself.

By doing that i would be able to buy fuel at 27p a litre.

I could hire a tank for about 250 quid a year.

Surely it is no diffrerent to having a tank fitted for your heating.

Just a thought, let me know yours

Cheers

Yes, you can, but as household tanks draw from the top, and autogas tanks from the bottom, you need an autogas tank installed, which means when you get your delivery the tanker driver sees the connection to the bottom of the tank they are legally obliged to charge you the extra duty.

The tanks are cheap, the transfer pumps are not, I did look into this and you need to be doing 100K per year to make it justifiable.

Countrywide Autogas will install a tank for you if you really want to go down this route... but I wouldn't recommend it.

Yes, you can, but as household tanks draw from the top, and autogas tanks from the bottom, you need an autogas tank installed, which means when you get your delivery the tanker driver sees the connection to the bottom of the tank they are legally obliged to charge you the extra duty.

The tanks are cheap, the transfer pumps are not, I did look into this and you need to be doing 100K per year to make it justifiable.

Countrywide Autogas will install a tank for you if you really want to go down this route... but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for that it was just an idea i had and i certainly would'nt be doing 100k more like 20k at the most.

Just as a matter of interest how much would a gas conversion cost.

• 3 weeks later...

A guy I know in Kinloss did this with a few friends, they stuck the tank in his garden and the tank itself has a digital readout, just like a petrol pump. They all take a note of what they take out of it, as they're friends I'd expect the honour system is coming into it a fair bit of course :)

100k miles isn't that much if you lump in with a few chums... Especially if there's a Range Rover or two on the loose ;)