im thinking off fitting 33 on when my tyres need changing

yogibear47.lee

hi all,

im thinking off going for 33 next time i new them, my truck is lifted 2 inch and it has flexi are on so arches are cut, would they fit like that or will i need to lifted it more

cheers lee

sorry forgot to say it a 200 tdi if it makes any difference

If you have some lift, and you have already trimmed the arches, you should be ok.

You don't specify width or offset (ie which wheels) so it is impossible to say for sure.

sorry i dont no what size 33 are, they will be 16 and will they fit alright on my 8 spokes there normal size but with a different off set to standard ones, im thinking of the kumho kl71 mud,

is 285/75/16 the same size as 33, i dont no what size they are

cheers lee

A friend is running 285/75r16 Insa turbo special tracks, which measure over 33" high (retreads) on his disco with flexi arches and a HD 2" lift kit. These rubbed the arches a bit on the rear, though a body lift has sorted that out. His rock sliders needed trimming to match the flexi arches.

As well as wheel offset, articulation can be another issue. I run 33x10.50 tyres (measure) and removed the 11" travel RC dampers from the rear because despite the significantly increased wheel offset, the inner rear wheel arches would have required chopping about and loosing the rear seats. This is on a RRC, but the inner wheel arches are bassically the same.