Help - radio wiring colours

stuntman

Well I picked up quite a nice P38 Auto 4.6HSE on low miles and a multipoint sequential lpg system and I have to say I love it.

However, the previous owner decided to cut EVERY wire that connected the orginal stereo to the loom,

I really need to know what wire does what as most of them are down right dangerous.

Does anyone know what all the wires do?

It does have a sub in the rear.

I have removed the orignal cd changer and replaced it with a sony 10 disc changer and I have run the correct cabling to the front.

If anyone could help that would be brilliant.

PS the truck is sitting outside with a load of electrical spaghetti hanging out of where the dash used to be :)

Thanks in advance

Andi

Where do you live Andi?

Would be easier for somebody with the right test gear to bob round than it would be do describe it on here.

Failing that google Green Oval and see if there is a relevant manual containing a wiring diagram.

HTH's,

Mick.

Hi Andi,

So you did it then!

What year is the car, as it'll originally have had either a Clarion or Alpine Unit and I've found the wiring different, the Clarion has a power amp mounted on top of the Subwoofer and the Alpine has it integrated.

Can you post cable colours that you have?

They follow the normal colour convention for Power but not for the Speaker outputs as they can (depending on model) to a CrossOver in the door panel.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Andi,

So you did it then!

What year is the car, as it'll originally have had either a Clarion or Alpine Unit and I've found the wiring different, the Clarion has a power amp mounted on top of the Subwoofer and the Alpine has it integrated.

Can you post cable colours that you have?

They follow the normal colour convention for Power but not for the Speaker outputs as they can (depending on model) to a CrossOver in the door panel.

Cheers

Mark

Hello Mark,

Well I had to re-wire EVERY speaker, the previous owner had obviuosly had problems with the door amps so decided to by-pass them with a pair of alpine amps slotted behind the glove box!

He'd chopped out almost every wire and left quite a few live wires which I'm surprised hadn't caused a fire!

I have managed to get the amp working though, I belive it's the 2 orange wires and a grey activation wire.