any tips for getting my crankshaft pully bolt upto 200ft lbs.

nickjaxe

I am going to finish putting my 93 disco engine 200tdi back together tomorrow after fitting a new cam belt, I have to torque the crank pully bolt upto 200ft lbs, how can I lock the crank to get it that tight, even if I put it in gear and breaks on I think it will try to creep forwards on me.

Nick.

I am going to finish putting my 93 disco engine 200tdi back together tomorrow after fitting a new cam belt, I have to torque the crank pully bolt upto 200ft lbs, how can I lock the crank to get it that tight, even if I put it in gear and breaks on I think it will try to creep forwards on me.

Nick.

Hi nick

with great dificulty btw i think its 250lbs my torque wrench ( snap on ) only goes up to 200lbs and i was doing it with the engine on the floor so as a tempory measure i slapped loads of lock tite on the threads and tightened the bolt up to 200lbs so i could fit the engine in and get it running and redo the bolt with the engine in trouble is i can't undo it now so i have marked it up with tipex and keep my eye on it its been like that for the past 12 months now so to do it proper you need a 250lbs torque wrench.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.