Air con Help

kevin31031961

I've started hating my Discovery and i'll tell you why.........................total bills since Christmas £1600.................yep i guess my very old mk11 discovery on a 03 plate is now a classic old car { sarcasum }now i've had the car re-gassed and guess what.....................yep it doesnt work by pass the ecu and it works, :rolleyes:

So i took it to my local garage who then took it to the local Land Rover dealer who have now said "Needs a new heater matrix pump hose and the internal unit" total =£675 +vat + fitting :angry: now the heater works fine it gets warm it blows coooool air not cold but it works do you think they are trying it on :ph34r:

So now you've heard the full story you lads have really helped...................this time i'm desperate i need a recomendation for a very good air con exspert in Yorkshire near Huddersfield help my dear friends :blink: before i go nuts and the car falls off a cliff

HELP !!!!

I've started hating my Discovery and i'll tell you why.........................total bills since Christmas £1600.................yep i guess my very old mk11 discovery on a 03 plate is now a classic old car { sarcasum }now i've had the car re-gassed and guess what.....................yep it doesnt work by pass the ecu and it works, :rolleyes:

So i took it to my local garage who then took it to the local Land Rover dealer who have now said "Needs a new heater matrix pump hose and the internal unit" total =£675 +vat + fitting :angry: now the heater works fine it gets warm it blows coooool air not cold but it works do you think they are trying it on :ph34r:

So now you've heard the full story you lads have really helped...................this time i'm desperate i need a recomendation for a very good air con exspert in Yorkshire near Huddersfield help my dear friends :blink: before i go nuts and the car falls off a cliff

HELP !!!!

having had the system gassed and it is ok sounds more like a ecu fault i take it you have digital climate control? could be the internal temp sensor or a control flap servo fault but it need ecu reading first if mechanicaly sound does the clutch cut in?

having had the system gassed and it is ok sounds more like a ecu fault i take it you have digital climate control? could be the internal temp sensor or a control flap servo fault but it need ecu reading first if mechanicaly sound does the clutch cut in?

Dont know really but you'll have to explain as i'm thick :rolleyes: no sorry not sure really but have been told since they regased and they by pass the ecu it works..................but having "Landrover to look they just wanted to replace everything "TO MAKE SURE" at a cost of £600 + so any help would be appreciated..by the way thanks