Oil coolers in 4.2 V8

Hi folks.

Having shoehorned a 4.2 V8 into my project hybrid, I'm now at the stage of piping it all in. Obviously, the Rangie radiator with integral oil coolers for engine and transmission doesn't fit, so I'm using a standard rad (defender V8, I believe) and looking to fit 'proper' oil coolers. Can anyone tell me what sort of size I should be looking at? I've no idea how hot engine and transmission oils get. Can anyone advise?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what's the best bottom hose to use to fit up to the plastic expansion tank - I think the consensus on here seemed to be defender 200TDi bottom hose would do the job?

Cheers,

Dunc

Hi folks.

Having shoehorned a 4.2 V8 into my project hybrid, I'm now at the stage of piping it all in. Obviously, the Rangie radiator with integral oil coolers for engine and transmission doesn't fit, so I'm using a standard rad (defender V8, I believe) and looking to fit 'proper' oil coolers. Can anyone tell me what sort of size I should be looking at? I've no idea how hot engine and transmission oils get. Can anyone advise?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what's the best bottom hose to use to fit up to the plastic expansion tank - I think the consensus on here seemed to be defender 200TDi bottom hose would do the job?

Cheers,

Dunc

A 16 row cooler minimum but as big as you can afford will do no harm if you run it through a thermostat and will give all the cooling you need should things start to warm up.

Use -10 hose ( -12 if you really want to push the boat out ).

Give me a call on 01938.850382 if you want to know any more about the types of hose specs etc. you should be using. Remember most 'normal' rubber hose ( R6, R1 etc. ) is only really rated to 100'c which is too close to the limit for proper use with engine oil.

Use Ah or teflon hose and you will have no heat worries.....

David