TD5 plastic fuel lines

revmarkp

Just to say many grateful thanks to Les Hensen for his superb tutorial on changing the fuel lines just above the fuels tank when worn. see here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=23450

As of 24th July 2009, I can confirm, as you might have found on other discussions, that these fuel lines are not available from anywhere at the moment. My local LR dealer and Britpart both confirmed stories about the manufacturer of these parts going into liquidation because of the recession etc etc. They are on back order due in 21st September 2009.

That applies to both the set of four pipes (pt no. WJP108110), and also the individual green labeled pipe (pt no. YNI500030K - lift pump to engine, the one that most often goes(??))

Obviously this isn't much help, so like others the bodge is the only option. My local hydraulic/pneumatic factors was most helpful with some 8mm pipe and push type fittings. Just hope it works OK. Wouldn't mind, but this is my first Landrover and I've only had it a week!

You could have used ordinary 8mm I/D rubber fuel hose, but would have to use the ends of the original pipes for the connection. There's also not enough fixings to support a more flexible hose, but that could be easily overcome. A rigid pipe - routed and supported correctly is probably easier though.

What sort of push fittings have you used - any chance of a picture please?

Les.

Despite trying I can't find the brand name of the fittings I used Les, but they are show here http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/Onlin...raight_265.html People selling same on ebay as well. They are rated at 10 bar, so should be fine on the pump to engine line (4 bar). I haven't routed the cable particularly carefully as I see it as only a temporary measure until the proper part is available; just completed 800 miles on it though.