3.5 EFI Flapper system test

tillmannz

Hi!I see in technical archive the 3.5 EFI flapper system manual, and i measure the ohmmeter.In test 10 where check the resistance of air temperature sensor i can't measure the "good" rate. In test 10 if the temperature is +20 Celsius the resistance is 2.28 ohm terminal 6 and 27.But i read on ohmmeter 2.28 kiloohm.What is the real range ???ohm ,or kiloohm?

Regard:zoltan

My test sheet says Ohms.

There is a warning saying don't test for too long as the multimeter will heat up the sensor and give the wrong reading.

What it fails to say is if you keep it on for more than a few seconds it can blow the sensor completely...ask me how I know.

Steve

I would not worry too much as it seems to make very little difference to the way the engine runs.

After blowing mine I fitted a couple of resistors and a switch so I could select a hot or cold day but soon forgot which way the switch went for hot or cold and it made no difference so I left it in one position.

If you have a reading I would just be happy that it is not open circuit.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this is a Flapper type AFM,and today i changed the AFM,and ECU from a perfect car.If at this car disconnected the AFM the motor stopped.At my car isn't shut down. but the problem is same.I made onemore the 3.5i flapper test, all measurement as in test ,perfect.But isn't idle speed,and black ,petrol odor smoke.