Steering Arm Ball Joint Repair

I'm stuck... literally. I took apart the steering arm ball joint: removed everything except for the inner ball socket that is stuck inside the housing. The WSM says use a sharp chisel; heat the housing if you have difficulties while removing.

Well, the problem is that the socket is pretty worn out, so there is not a lot of edge for the chisel to strike on. Besides, I'm trying to fix the joint while the arm is still attached to the steering gear, so there is no space to swing the hammer. (I couldn't remove the arm because I don't have a 35 socket right now).

I guess my question is what is the smartest way to remove the socket? All the dumb ones I've already tried out.

/Jaroslav

Yep, that's it! Using a wrench socket sounds like a neat idea. I will try it right away. Thanks!

What's oxy gear and how you can use it? I have an propane torch, but how it's gonna help me? Are you talking about heating till it expands enough to insert a smaller diameter socket?

/Jaroslav