starter..

Badger90

hello poeple.

i started off with a crunching from the starter.. wasnt bad at start now its got worse.. i took the starter off and tested it. the dog gear isnt throwing out.. so i tested with out the solenoid to make sure it was not the motor... thats fine. i got a new solenoid and fitted.. put it on the samer as i took it off. putt it al back on and its dead.. nothing from the ingnection!!

help pleas!! any ideas.. i going to srip it off again and see if somthings up with thte soleniod!

cheers sam

Does it work if you put a jump lead directly from the battery to the starter? If so, it's something to do with the solenoid.

It may be as simple as the small wires on the solenoid are not properly connected, or you have an absolutely appalling earth connection. I have previously run a lead from the starter mounting stud directly back to the battery negative to avoid any earth issues... My current 90 has an additional lead between the chassis and the same mounting stud, just as a failsafe.