2.5td to V8 engine swap

I am considering a new engine for my 110. It has a 2.5td and LT77 and I am thinking about a 3.5 EFI V8, auto box and transfer box out of a discovery. If I found one that had an LPG kit would I be able to use this as well? Is the wiring loom in my 2.5td able to be used with the V8 or would I need some parts of the loom from the donor car?

I am considering a new engine for my 110. It has a 2.5td and LT77 and I am thinking about a 3.5 EFI V8, auto box and transfer box out of a discovery. If I found one that had an LPG kit would I be able to use this as well? Is the wiring loom in my 2.5td able to be used with the V8 or would I need some parts of the loom from the donor car?

Elastic Trickery bit:

On the grounds that the EFI V8 was never standard (or even contemporary?) with the 2.5TD pre-Defenders, it would be unlikely to be a straightforward plug in job. There is a contemporary carbed V8 engine harness, but I guess EFIs have an ECU, so you'll definitely need the harness and ECU, 'leccy fuel pump, etc. which will need linking to all sorts of the 110's dashboard circuits.

If you're brave enough to do that, read the megasquirt thread(s) first, as at least there are simple instructions for that!