Discovery paint name?

Tomas4x4

Howdy all!

Ive got a 1996 300tdi disco commercial in blue which needs a bit of touch up with some paint, but I dont know what the name of the paint is, so if anyone out there knows what the name of the shade of blue that was around then, its a dark blue, it would be very helpful! I know a picture would be quite handy but I haven't got one unfortunately, but if anyone could tell from my profile pic that would be handy.

Anyway, all help is much apprecaited as usual.

Cheers.

Tom.

Purely a guess as your profile pic is no use at all but the dark metallic blue around in 1996 was called Biarritz Blue LRC965. Solid (non met) blue would have been Arles Blue LRC424.

If you look on the VIN plate you should see a three digit colour code which will confirm it - probably one of the above ie 965 or 424. Check on here

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk/

for colour codes if not one of the above.

You could find out from the VIN number via Land Rover's Traceability service but it should be on the VIN plate.