Help with imobiliser

samd35

I have just got yet another landy (1993 200TDI discovery) and only have one fob and no code for the alarm/imobiliser i believe that it is a meta systems alarm that the previous owner had fitted. the problem i have is that after disconnecting the battery to charge it i now cannot dissable the imobiliser to start the vehicle and was wondering if anyone had any wiring diagramms or advice on how to remove the system. thanks in advance.

Sam

Easyest way is to locate the alarm/immobiliser unit and trace the wiring out.....then just remove and remake the motors wirring as to how it should be.

There could be 6 wires....Battery feed + and an earth - then 1 or 2 pairs of wires that will cut the system its connected to.

If your unsure then find a local auto electrician and they will soon have it removed.

Thanks I think i will give that a try and if all else fails then i will ask my local auto electrician when he gets back from holiday when i talk to him to find out what is happening with my parents car that he is curently fixing for me/them after doing engine rebuild it is suffering from multiplex computer problems but the disco should be easyer than that i think from previous experiences with dash wiring!

Sam