Rear door preparation

Got new door - cheapie I am afraid - but it looks OK and came with new glass installed. I have put two coats of black Hammerite on the inside of the door but would like to protect the inside of the trunking - presumably with Waxoyl, but have no idea how you are meant to do this since the only sort of access I can see is the holes drilled through for the hinge bolts to go through. Presumably you need some sort of hose and a pressure system to force it in but pointers would be most useful.

Also on the new door, below where the lock fits, there is a post with two holes that looks suspiciously like it should have something bolted onto it that then fits into a similar positioned set of angled brackets below the door post striker. The whole jutting out bit is missing off my existing door so have no clues. Looking at the parts manual it might be part 332147 (dovetail female) - would this make sense? Can post a picture if it would help anyone.

Finally, I think I need to replace the whole lock assembly. I put a new barrel into the mechanism in March and already it is shot so I think it may well be not so much a shoddy barrel as worn out mechanism. If so, which should I try and order since there seem to be changes around my VIN (HA) but not sure how new door may affect this. Again can post a photo if it helps.

Thanks for patience reading my long drawn out prose!

Malcy