Wiring up rear door

The rear door project progresses with my usual snail's pace. This question is about wiring in the heated glass and also the prospective rear windscreen wiper.

There appears to be no obvious hidden route to take wires in from the hole on the inside of the door frame (level with just below the level of the glass) into the body of the door. I expected a matching hole so I could run the wires (grommeted and wrapped in flexible conduit) from the body of the LR into the door, leaving slack for the door to open, and then up through the door (hidden by a plywood 'card') across to the middle for the wiper and the far side for the glass.

They are going to need to be fairly hefty (will prob use 30 amp) wires given the loading and somehow just looping them across the back of the door seems a bit too casual.

Is it a case of drill your own holes or is there a more recognised way of running these wires.

Thanks for any pointers or photos.

Malcy

on the older doors there's a blister that sits on the hinge line edge, like mine, the cables sit between the trim panel & door framework.

the heated screen wiring runs up the frame [inside] & appears at a grommet about 1/2 way up the screen [12v + feed wire] the earth is just screwed to the frame edge.

post-20-125465839902_thumb.jpg

Thanks western

Looks like older type but not great believer in interior trim so will fashion some 3mm ply to suit but now get the idea. Will have a look for that grommet.

I thought that given the amp draw of the heater it would be best to give it a decent earth since I have little faith in The Beastie's earth connectivity from the back of the truck :rolleyes:

Was planning to put an earthed busbar at each of the four corners with decent earth bolted onto chassis and then run all my local earths to the busbar.