1996 Disco 300 TDI Central Locking

andyl0183

Hi,

I have a 1996 Disco 300 TDI that has no remote central locking working. I have the 2 button key fobs that came with the car but they have never worked the central locking only works using the key on the drivers door. Also when you start the car the red warning light on the dash for the immobilser flashes constantly, would this be linked to the key fobs not working? I have tried putting new batteries into the key fobs but without any success.

Any ideas?

It sounds like the previous owner has bypassed the immobiliser and alarm completely in order to get the car running (perhaps to sell it!)

The flashing symbol indicates immobilisation is active so if the engine runs with that on, somebody has been fiddling (it isn't rocket science to do).

You really need to get a diagnostic computer onto the alarm ECU to see if it is working at all and if so whether you can reprogram the two plips to it - you may be able to sort it easily, maybe not, but you will be guessing with anything except a diagnostic system anyway.