300tdi running rough

On the way back from Peterborough on Sunday my 90 felt rough and a bit lacking. I had done some green lanes but nothing strenuous.

I've ordered a new fuel filter and have a Britpart lift pump to fit tonight (can't remember when either were changed) It felt knocky but would still get upto 75mph ok. I've adjusted the tappets as they were a bit slack and have done 20k without adjustment since the engine was fitted. It ran lovely after and had 20mins sat at idle and a bit of a ragging around the field

This morning I got in it to go to work and it didn't fire first pop (unusual) so much so that when I let go of the key after the usual 1 sec blip I was shocked it didn't fire :unsure::blink::(

• 2 weeks later...

related to the 300TDi running rough - I experienced rough running at low speed in second gear and the engine running rough every now and then. After replacing my defective alternator and upgrading from 65 to 100 amps I noticed that the rough low speed running had improved. I thought it was actually loose gears but maybe it had something to do with current supply. Just my guess though.