300 TDi Viscous Fan Shaft Bearing

Hi there

Does any one know the part number of the bearing that the viscous fan shaft runs on and how to change it?

Thanks in advance to all the Gurus who know.

I have been told by our local parts suppliers I have to buy the whole cover at a huge cost.

Im sure I can get a bearing from a local bearing supply, just need the number and how to remove the old one and fit the new one without destroying the cover/casting.

Landroverfanbearing.jpg

From LR p.o.v, you have been told right.

See http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=18670 but don't wait for Dirtydiesel to give you the clues :P

Other than the options in that thread, another solution is to use smaller individual bearings and make a suitable bush.

I think I have the size somewhere, I'll look for the data if you need it. I looked in all the catalogs with no luck, it's a special bearing. I mean I remember finding it but it wasn't available for the bearing suppliers or something like that.