Alarm & Interior light woes....

Hi,

After a weekend of running backwards and forwards through some waterlogged roads I now have a strange electrical problem with my '98 110 CSW.

After I parked up on the Sunday afternoon the alarm went off - standard LR 2 button fob type - after it had been armed and parked up for a hour or two. It disarmed OK and I then moved it onto my land where I armed it again. All that happened was the horn sounded once and the interior lights stayed on. I tried again but same thing.

I've just been outside and checked all the fuses (dry and intact) and removed, cleaned and refitted all the proximity switches in the doors and under the bonnet - same thing happens though. There no water in the interior lights - I checked.

Anyone have any other ideas what it is ? I guess water has got in somewhere but......where?

Thanks

Gavin

I think you have an alarm push plunger under the bonnet by the bulkhead. Have a look and see if you have any corrosion build up on it or the wires. Mine played up on my 110 1999. I got 2 honks out of the horn though with the lights on. Mine also played up after rain.

Hope that helps

Did your alarm still work when you had the 'two honks'?

Mine is a 2001 TD5 90 CSW and the alarm works as it 'should' most of the time - ie indicators flash and the red light on the dash flashes properly.

However every now and again I get the horn going twice and no red LED on the dash. If you open a door the alarm goes off though so it seems to be arming correctly?

I'll take a look at the under bonnet plunger if I can find it - anyone got any other ideas????

Did your alarm still work when you had the 'two honks'?

Mine is a 2001 TD5 90 CSW and the alarm works as it 'should' most of the time - ie indicators flash and the red light on the dash flashes properly.

However every now and again I get the horn going twice and no red LED on the dash. If you open a door the alarm goes off though so it seems to be arming correctly?

I'll take a look at the under bonnet plunger if I can find it - anyone got any other ideas????

Hi,

Well I looked at the plunger under the bonnet today and removed it/cleared it up but to be fair it looked fine. I then removed the alarm siren to see if that had any cracks in it which could let water in - none.

At a loss now really :-( As soon as I blip the lock button the indicators flash as normal but the horn sounds twice. I guess it's the dreaded 'spider' issue on the circuit board of the alarm.

I will check the operation of the alarm though to see if it still works.

cheers for the advice,

Gavin