discovery electrical problem

shandy drinker

please help!!! I was out yesterday in my N reg (1996) 3.9 v8 disco when whilst driving along the hazards started flashing for no reason, so i pulled up switched ignition off got out and tried to lock the car with the fob and it wouldnt lock. I got back in started truck up and hazards stopped, drove to destination got out and locked car with fob and all appeared ok.

BUT

when i came to return home that evening (now dark) I started car turned on side lights all ok turned on headlights and nothing lit on front pulled high beam stalk and hey presto still no lights but engine stops.

someone pointed me in direction of multifunction relay (black box) on rear of main fuse box, so i changed this for one i borrowed and still same problems.

Has anyone had this problem if so wot was the fault? or can anyone help n point me in right direction

thanks

Glyn