Towbar Eelectrics

siearl

I have a 98 3 door freelander and i have just purchased a towbar for it from ebay. I think i am sorted on the actual fitting of the towbar itself but the electrics i am not so sure about, i have been told there is a connector block behind the right hand panel on the rear of the freelander and was planning on cutting off the connecter and soldering the wiring together. I have the diagrams for that but i have also read i need to change or add a relay for the indicators, could someone please shed some more light on this.

Thanks in advance,

Si

alright mate towbar is well easy to fit take 30mins tops!! wiring what u have be told it right

there is a plug behind the panel on the o/s!!

if u are wiring is a buzzer then u don't need to play with relay i use a part call a clone which

u pull out the flasher relay and plug the clone in and then put the flasher relay back in the same

place what this dose is make the dash light work then the trailer is on the back!!

hope this helps if u need any more help mate give me a shout i fit towbars all day ever day!!

dave :D:D

Buy the LR towing relay. It isn't too expensive and then you will get the relevant light on the dash to work.

it used to come in the kit ,,, along with plug in electrics and a pair of LR gloves !!!!!!! quite a few companies were listing it at less than £100 for the kit at one time ,