bit of a starting problem

del

Hi all got a 2.5l td 90,had the glow plugs changed last year but still seems to take a good time to turn over in the mornings and its seems to lack a bit of power on motorway runs,its the old 19j engine and it puffs out black then grey smoke on start up(wich clears eventualy) dont know if anyone has had the same prob,cheers del

Hi all got a 2.5l td 90,had the glow plugs changed last year but still seems to take a good time to turn over in the mornings and its seems to lack a bit of power on motorway runs,its the old 19j engine and it puffs out black then grey smoke on start up(wich clears eventualy) dont know if anyone has had the same prob,cheers del

45s on the glow plugs is not ridiculous in cold weather! Black smoke then grey on start up means you've got some oil in the cyclinders, probably worn rings, via the crank breather and air filter, or valve guides worn, or turbo oil seals going. The white / grey smoke is unburnt fuel: a puff of white on start-up is also quite normal.

Do remember that it is a very simple diesel with on 80 horses, so a Veyron it will never be!

I will give it 45s tomorrow ,cheers I try to build up speed slowly and only top out at 60mph ,but just seems to be a bit slugish up slight inclines on the motorway , im not a speed demon ive got a series 1 when i want to go particularly slow !