Coolant leak, HELP!!!!

jmattley

My 200tdi has a coolant leak somewhere, I'm pretty sure it's not the head gasket, I thought it was one of the heater pipes at the back of the head, I've had a look at them and took them off, no splits that I can see, stuck em back on nice and tight. Anything else it could be? The spray pattern looked like it comes from one, but I don't know anymore.

Anyone had a similar problem at all? I have to top up the coolant every day and it's getting quite annoying now. It seems to spray out some coolant once the engine is warm.

HELP!!!

Cheers.

I think there i have seen something in this forum on leaking core plugs--have you checked the pressure cap on the expansion tank--if it is spraying out it seems like a lot of pressure. I have a 300tdi, and when the head gasket went it blew bung out of the thermostat housing.

If it is the core plugs I think there are one or two at the rear of the engine and would be wet. regards, rocky