200tdi alarm and electric window problem Fused Conection

Wrecker19

Hi All.

I came to my 200tdi discovery today and the fob would not work the central locking or deactivate the alarm ???. I put the key into the door and unlocked the door and the central locking still did not work or the alarm lights flash ???????. I thought to myself "Perhaps the battery is flat". I placed the key into the ignition and turned. All ignition lights lit up and the heater fan started blasting at full pelt. I turned the final click and it did not turn over. It was still immobilised and there were no alarm led lit or flashing. Lots of head scratchig and fuse checking started. After 10 mins key in lock and fiddling with fob I then sat in the drivers seat and decided to have a cigarette. Went to open the window and the found no electric windows either. After coming back in the house and spending hours on the net I could not find these exact symptoms. The later 2 button remote off the 300tdi was riddled with problems with these spider things that always cause trouble but mine don't have one of them. I managed to find a couple of people who wrote about other electrical problems that were caused by Fused or Fuised conections. So I thought i should check them. Just behind the battery is a net like sheath round the wiring from the positive side of the battery. opened it up and found a broken conection. Mended the connection and problem cured.

Has anyone else had this problem or is this any help to anybody?

Adam Smith

200tdi Discovery 2 door

Series III 2 1/4 petrol

Series III 3.9l V8

Wolsely Hornet Mk2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All.

I came to my 200tdi discovery today and the fob would not work the central locking or deactivate the alarm ???. I put the key into the door and unlocked the door and the central locking still did not work or the alarm lights flash ???????. I thought to myself "Perhaps the battery is flat". I placed the key into the ignition and turned. All ignition lights lit up and the heater fan started blasting at full pelt. I turned the final click and it did not turn over. It was still immobilised and there were no alarm led lit or flashing. Lots of head scratchig and fuse checking started. After 10 mins key in lock and fiddling with fob I then sat in the drivers seat and decided to have a cigarette. Went to open the window and the found no electric windows either. After coming back in the house and spending hours on the net I could not find these exact symptoms. The later 2 button remote off the 300tdi was riddled with problems with these spider things that always cause trouble but mine don't have one of them. I managed to find a couple of people who wrote about other electrical problems that were caused by Fused or Fuised conections. So I thought i should check them. Just behind the battery is a net like sheath round the wiring from the positive side of the battery. opened it up and found a broken conection. Mended the connection and problem cured.

Has anyone else had this problem or is this any help to anybody?

Adam Smith

200tdi Discovery 2 door

Series III 2 1/4 petrol

Series III 3.9l V8

Wolsely Hornet Mk2

Yes I've got exactly the same problems and still not solved it. There is a relay clicking somewhere on the left hand side sounds like its behind the dashboard and the remote locking makes a sound like a bee in a bottle. The hazard warning lichts do everything from being permenantly on to flashing rapidly. The starter jammed so I replaced that. We did manage to bump start it and it is now in the local garage so it's no the imobiliser. No locks, no windows no start.

Yes I've got exactly the same problems and still not solved it. There is a relay clicking somewhere on the left hand side sounds like its behind the dashboard and the remote locking makes a sound like a bee in a bottle. The hazard warning lichts do everything from being permenantly on to flashing rapidly. The starter jammed so I replaced that. We did manage to bump start it and it is now in the local garage so it's no the imobiliser. No locks, no windows no start.

OK I've just got my disco back from the garage with a brand new MoT as well. The fault is infact the fusible link on the maim wiring loom from the battery It is a 30 amp strip link fuse. I did infact replace the starter motor as well and there was no power to that either. All these bits are under the bonnet so you don't have to rip the dash board apart (which I did in the first instance!!) Cost of the fuse £3.15, fuse holder £15 Labour £100. Getting my Disco back - priceless (for everything else there's a credit card!!:-)