Biodiesel in 300 TDI

si789

I'm currently looking into running my 300tdi disco on biodiesel and to stop any confusion I mean biodiesel not vegetable oil as that has problems with winter temperatures. I’ve found a place on the A34 just outside Cannock which I believe sells biodiesel, has anybody used them before and what’s been your experience of using them?

I ran my TD5 Disco on Bio from there a couple of years ago. Nothing wrong with their fuel - but remember it's 100% bio. You will need to change fuel filters a couple of times after changing over to bio.Tdi's seems less susceptible to problems, but it caused me to have to buy a new fuel pump (more than £20 on a Td5!), numerous filters & eventually a fuel regulator & the gauze behind it needed cleaning out. I think this is a result of the bio cleaning out your fuel lines. Plenty of info on this forum & in some of my earlier posts ...

went to morrisons in spalding lincs yesterday and they were selling biodiesel from their pumps but it was exactly the same price as normal diesel, is this right or is it meant to be cheaper? think i'll be going down the twin tank and wvo route again.