rust in bulkhead

kevin

I have found a a hole the size of a 10p under a blister on the door pillar (bulkhead) halfway down the post between the hinges is this an mot failer as the landy is booked in for wed am and it may be to soon to get repaired. ps its about a foot from both hinges.

I have found a a hole the size of a 10p under a blister on the door pillar (bulkhead) halfway down the post between the hinges is this an mot failer as the landy is booked in for wed am and it may be to soon to get repaired. ps its about a foot from both hinges.

If thats the only hole will a sticker not cover it for the MOT!!!wink.gif until you can sort it out!! or you could go down the route that lots seem to do these days and stick some checker plate over itbiggrin.gif

on a serious note don't just leave it rust prevention/conversion may save you replacing the whole thing next year and make it repairable.

Cheers, Jason.

for it to be a mot item it would have to be in a prescribed area , i.e within 12 inches of brakes or suspension or steering and I can`t see it being there if it`s where I think. if you fill it or cover it it would get a mention as a manual advisory to say area not testable due to covering ,,

So i take it they won't class it as being a structure area? btw i have rebooked the test and will be repairing it.Does anbody know if i can get a replacement panel as i only seem to be able to find the corner panels on the internet.