re-keyed bonnet

mr bill

Dear all,

had my bonnet keyed. The scratch is only 6'' long, but down to the metal. Local LR paintshop wants 260+vat to fix. Any alternatives in the Glasgow area?

thanks in advance

Bill

Bill,

There is a 4x4 place on the South side of the Clyde near to Dixon Blazes and it is called Monarch Garage, they are at 47 Colvend St, Glasgow G40 4DU. Phone number is 0141 554 3844. Their web site advertises that the customise vehicles so I assume they have access to painting if not they may be able to point you in the right direction. I used them for a service a couple of month ago and was happy with their service, plus it was a lot cheaper than the dealer.

Regards,

Pipespark.

Dear all,

had my bonnet keyed. The scratch is only 6'' long, but down to the metal. Local LR paintshop wants 260+vat to fix. Any alternatives in the Glasgow area?

thanks in advance

Bill

Nowhere NEAR glasgow, but a chap near here in the Chilterns has set up shop in an old farm building and does a *fab* job for about £50 per scratch. In my case he took out a gouge on the corner of my brand new Astra (why *are* "other people" allowed into carparks?) and that involved calling Vauxhall to get the "recipe" for the colour (a two-coat "pearlescent") which involved about 20 different "tints". It is quite literally as good as new, you could search all day and not know where the scratch was if I didn't tell you.

Anyhoo, he can't be the only person doing it, so shop around. It may even be a franchise op, I'll see if I can dig out his details and if it looks like a franchise I'll let you know and you can see if they have one nearby.

Nowhere NEAR glasgow, but a chap near here in the Chilterns has set up shop in an old farm building and does a *fab* job for about £50 per scratch. In my case he took out a gouge on the corner of my brand new Astra (why *are* "other people" allowed into carparks?) and that involved calling Vauxhall to get the "recipe" for the colour (a two-coat "pearlescent") which involved about 20 different "tints". It is quite literally as good as new, you could search all day and not know where the scratch was if I didn't tell you.

Anyhoo, he can't be the only person doing it, so shop around. It may even be a franchise op, I'll see if I can dig out his details and if it looks like a franchise I'll let you know and you can see if they have one nearby.

I would be interested in the Chilterns chaps contact details as I am also in the Chilterns and have a large key scatch that I would like fixed.

KW